Friday, April 30, 2010

Ducks On The Loose! =(




On my way home from Hebrew School on Sunday, we stopped at a red light. Then, my mom spotted something, and that something was a mom duck with TEN ducklings' following her!

There was someone that was trying to stop all the cars so the ducks' could cross the street, and stay ALIVE!

When they reached the end of the street, the mother duck got up on the sidewalk. The ducklings' were trying to get up, but unfortunately, they couldn't. So, people went over there to the ducks', watched them, and even helped them get up on the sidewalk!

When my dad parked in a parking lot, my mom, dad, brothers', and I went outside and admired the beauty of the ducklings'.

There were other people around the ducks, watching and trying to save the ducks because they needed water, and they didn't have any water near them! Then, we joined in. First, someone got a box from Barnes and Noble to put the baby duckling' in so they can get them to the park and put them in the water. My mom suggested that maybe when they get the ducklings' in the box and leave it alone for a while, the mom would fly in the box so they can get them to Balboa Park, but they tried their idea first.

They got the babies in the box, but the problem was that they had trouble catching the mom. It kept flying away! Then, they tried taking the babies to Balboa Park. They thought maybe the mom would follow them to the park.

We were about to leave when, they drove back in the parking lot with the box! The duckings' mom didn't follow them! So, they tried my mom's idea.


I think that the mom finally joined her ducks. Now, I love nature! The ducks' ARE cute in my opinion.






What do you think happened to the cute family of ducks?



What would you do if you saw ducklings' like this?

Aren't they a cute family?


Do you like nature now that you have read my post?

8 comments:

Mrs. Yollis said...

Dear Kayla,

What an adventure you had with the duck and ducklings! Did the mother fly into the box? Did everyone end up leaving the ducks where they were?

Great post!

Have you ever read the book Make Way for Ducklings? Let's get it at the library and read it.

Your pal,
Mrs. Yollis

Anonymous said...

Dear Kayla,

I also attend Hebrew School. I've seen ducks, but not in that position! That is like the deer book we read in school.

Sincerely,
Sam

Anonymous said...

@ Mrs. Yollis,

Thanks for an amazing comment! I really don't know if the mother duck got into the box, or if they left the ducks where they were.

No, I have not read the book Make Way for Ducklings.

Sincerely,
Kayla :)

Sydney said...

Dear Kayla,

I taught it was amazing that you saw a duck and its ducklings. I would be scared if I were driving home from Hebrew school and saw ducklings crossing the street.

Were you scared?

Your friend,
Sydney

Anonymous said...

Dear Kayla,
I know how it felt because I saw it in real life.
I saw it at the Commons and they were so cute.

Love,
Anais

Anonymous said...

Dear Kayla,

Were the ducklings in danger? I thought that this story was amazing! It was good that you helped the ducklings to get to the mother. Were the ducklings friendly or not?

Your bud,
Jollene =)

kayla said...

@ Sydney,

Thanks for your great comment! No, I was not scared when I saw the ducklings.

@ Jollene,

Thanks for a great comment as well! I honestly don't know if they were in danger. The ducklings were friendly, but the mother was not.

Sincerely,
Kayla

Anonymous said...

Dear Kayla,

I thought it was interesting that ducks were on the loose.If I were an animal I would want to be a duck because if your the mom it is like playing follow the leader except the mother duck is always the leader.

Your friend,
Juila