Friday, December 25, 2009

I Love Hanukah!

I'm really sad because Hanukah is over. I know that it will come next year, but I really want it now! Forgetting about Hanukah is what I am never going to do. I also know that there are other holidays, but I love Hanukah more than anything. Lighting the menorah, receaving presents is what I can not get away from. I always sing songs to remind me of how hard it was for the jews back then, and feel bad for them. Here's the song I sing that reminds me of that time. Here it goes:


Hanukah oh Hanukah come light the menorah. Let's have a party we'll all dance the horah. Gather around the table we'll give you a treat. Seveevans to play with, and latkahs to eat. And while we are playing the candles are burning low. One for each night. They shed a sweet light to remind us of days long ago. 2 times. One for each night they shed a sweet light to remind us of days long ago oh oh oh 4 times.


I also watch a movie called Full Court Merical. It is such a fantastic movie!


It's all about this boy who plays basketball, and the team and himself think they suck. One day when they are playing basketball, they spot a guy that is really good in that sport, so the boy goes up to him and asks him what his name is, and he says he won't tell him. That night he and one of his friends research to find about that guy, and they found that he was a profeshecal basketball player.
You'll have to watch the movie to find out more of what happened. Hope you like it as much as I do! And by the way, it's about Hanukah too!


Do you celebrate Hanukah?
What part do like the most?
What days do you get presents?
What did you get?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kayla,

Did you know that I celebrate Hanukah? What I like the most of Hanukah is getting presents and eating Hanukah gealt. I got a dog for Hanukah because Luke and I really wanted it.



Your friend,
Jared

kayla said...

@ Jared,

No, I did not know you celebrate Hanukah. You are so lucky you got a dog for Hanukah! I still really want one, and I wanted one ever since first grade. What kind of dog is it? Also, what is its name?

Sincerely,
Kayla