Monday, December 14, 2009

Challa Making!

Here in this picture, my brother Itai is mixing flour with water to make challa (bread that we eat on Friday nights) because it was shabbot that night. Speaking of challa makes me want to eat it right now because just talking about it makes me really hungry! After we make the dough we braid it, and it's really fun too! My brother and I always have fun making the dough.

Do you make challa on Friday nights?

Do you have fun making it like my brother and me?
Does it taste good to you?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Kayla,

It was fantastic to see you on Skype this morning!! Your blog is excellent. Keep it up!

I have not heard of challa before and would love to know what shabbot is too.

Take care,
From Miss McGeady in Australia

kayla said...

Dear Miss. McGeady,

Thanks for an amazing comment! You asked me what shabbot is, and my answer is that shabbot is a holy day for Jews. You also asked what challa is, and it is the bread that we eat on shabbot.

Sincerely,
Kayla
(Mrs. Yollis' student)

Ben said...

Dear Kayla,

I have never tried challa but I going to try and find it because I love tasting new foods. Also if I like it I might get a recipe and make it myself because then I would be able to try homemade challa. I was wondering what do you usually put on the challa or do you just eat it plain?

Sincerely,
Ben

kayla said...

Dear Ben,

You asked me if I eat the challa plain or with anything on it, and I eat it plain, but when I was little, my mom and I put butter on it after the dough was baked in the oven. By the way, thanks for a wonderful comment!

Your classmate,
Kayla

Anonymous said...

Dear Kayla,

I make homemade challa on Hannuka not shabbat. And my mom and I put raisins in the dough before it's baked. Have you ever put raisins in?

Sincerely,
Jaxon