Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Class Visited North America!

A few months ago, my class visited the map of North America!

National Geographic has a website that allows you to borrow a map. The website is called the Giant Traveling Maps.

We spent a long time making this movie, and my teacher, Mrs. Yollis, and I think it was worth it because it teaches people a lot. Enjoy!



I had a blast on the map!
Thank you Ingrid Hanzer, a member of National Geographic's!

What did you think of the movie?

Do you think it was worth it?

Leave a comment to let us know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kayla,

I really liked visiting the North America Map at school. My favorite part about it was exploring all the cities. My favorite city that I was exploring was Washington, D.C. because it is our national capitol.

I really liked the movie. My favorite part about it was when I said my lines about the three oceans that surround North America.

Sincerely,
Nick

Mrs. Yollis said...

Dear Kayla,

You did a super job with your North America post! You are becoming an excellent blogger!

My favorite part about the movie was using the cones and chains to make the mountains and Mississippi Watershed. That really brought the map to life.

Another favorite experience for me was filming all of you walk the lines of latitude and longitude. Seeing that the latitude lines never touch and that's why they are called parallels is interesting to me. The fact that the meridians meet at the poles is easy to see on the map as well.

Hey, weren't those your lines? :-)

Your friend,
Mrs. Yollis